Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Actress and Director Regina King Was Ready To "Trade My Heels" At 93rd Academy Awards

Regina King

By Darlene Donloe

Regina King, who made her directorial debut last year with "One Night In Miami," opened the 93rd Academy Awards by strutting through the historic Union Station on her way to present the night's first award for screenwriting.

Once on stage, King may have shocked some in attendance and some watching the show on television when she referenced the guilty verdicts against Derek Chauvin in the murder of George Floyd.

“I have to be honest,” King said, “if things had gone differently this past week in Minneapolis, I might have traded my heels for marching boots.”

King went on to say - “I know many of you want to reach for your remotes when you feel Hollywood is preaching to you, but as the mother of a black son, I know the fear that so many live with, and no amount of fame or fortune changes that.”



1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete