Thursday, March 19, 2015

Martin Talks To Mo'Nique On 'News One Now'

 Roland Martin with Mo'Nique
Photo Credit Lindsey Wright / TV One and The FrontPage Firm
  
Acclaimed Actress Addresses Recent Hollywood Controversy, Talks Wage Inequality and Reveals Next Creative Steps in News One Now First-Ever Primetime Special

Silver Spring, MD (March 19, 2015) - TV One today announced that News One Now - the first morning news program in history to focus on news and analysis of politics, entertainment, sports, and culture from an explicitly African American perspective - will air its first-ever primetime special with the Oscar® winning actress Mo'Nique on Sunday, March 22nd at 10PM/EDT. Recently recorded in Atlanta, Host and Managing Editor Roland Martin sat down for a one-on-one interview to discuss the recent controversy surrounding reports that Mo'Nique experienced backlash following her groundbreaking role in Precious. Mo'Nique also opened up about wage inequality in Hollywood, her current approach to sustaining a career in the entertainment industry and her role in the upcoming independent film Blackbird"NewsOneNow has featured some of today's top Blacks in Hollywood, whether its Eddie Murphy, Tyler Perry, Jamie Foxx, Kerry Washington or directors Spike Lee, Ava DuVernay and Gina Prince-Bythewood. But we don't just focus on their latest project; we also offer them a platform to speak about the business of Hollywood, and the political issues and challenges they face as African Americans," said Martin. "We are pleased to extend and deepen the discussion in our first primetime special with the multi-talented and award-winning  Mo'Nique, who offered our audience never-before-revealed information, as well as her focus on charting her own path to success in the entertainment industry."

Excerpts from the interview below:

On wage inequality in Hollywood:
"When you hear our sisters Patricia Arquette and Gwyneth Paltrow, who our are White sisters in this business, and they're saying we want wage equality, we want to be treated equal, well if they're saying it, what do you think we're (actresses of color) getting?"

On reputation of being demanding:
"When I watch Mr. Daniels make statements like I was demanding, and I was difficult, Mr. Daniels knows that is not true because he and I have never had an issue at all. If I were that person, why ever would you offer me the role of 'Gloria' in The Butler, why ever would you offer me the role of 'Cookie' in Empire?"  

On the personal toll endured by pursing fame:
"This is my third marriage. (With) the first two marriages, I was chasing (fame) and really didn't understand what it is to be a wife... Now that my son is 25, we have a very strained relationship because during that time when he was a little boy I was out chasing, so my prayer was 'please give me another chance'."

1 comment:

  1. 5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
    His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com  

    ReplyDelete