Thursday, May 17, 2012

5 QUESTIONS FOR JENNIFER LOPEZ ON ‘WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU’RE EXPECTING’


Five couples are in various stages of adding a bundle of joy to their lives in the Lionsgate comedy, What To Expect When You’re Expecting, opening May 18 nationwide.

The film, directed by Kirk Jones and inspired by the New York Times bestseller of the same name written by Heidi Murkoff, boasts a huge cast that includes Jennifer Lopez, Chris Rock, Cameron Diaz, Dennis Quaid, Elizabeth Banks, Rodrigo Santoro, Matthew Morrison, Anna Kendrick, Ben Falcone, Brooklyn Decker and Chace Crawford.

In the film a TV fitness Guru (Cameron Diaz) and dance show star Evan (Matthew Morrison), must make a decision about their high-octane lives and how it will change once their baby arrives.


Wendy (Elizabeth Banks) and her husband, Gary (Ben Falcone), seem to be in competition with his race car icon father (Dennis Quaid) and his young, sexy wife (Brooklyn Decker), who are also expecting something from the stork.  Rival food truck chefs Rosie (Anna Kendrick) and Marco (Chace Crawford) hook-up only to get the shock of their lives. And then there’s Holly (Jennifer Lopez), who, along with her husband Alex (Rodrigo Santoro), has decided to adopt a baby from Ethiopia.

I recently caught up with the cast at the Four Seasons hotel in Beverly Hills. Lopez, who was looking fresh and invigorated, discussed her role, her career and her life.

Q: What did you think about the book?

JL: I found the book to be so incredibly accurate while I was pregnant. I can see why everybody has this book and why it‘s the first thing you get when you find out you’re pregnant.  Because It just takes you through everything.  When you get pregnant, it’s the type of thing everyone is talking about your whole life, but you know nothing about when it’s happening to you.

Q: What do you like about the book?

JL: This book helps you, like, not freak out. It’s like, this is happening, you are feeling this way. This is what’s happening inside your body right now.  This is where you should be. It helps you to calm down as an expectant mom.

Q: You’ve got a lot happening in your life.

JL: It feels good, I’m a little tired. I’m not going to lie.  I’ve been rehearsing, doing ‘Idol’, promoting, it’s a lot of stuff, the kids. But I feel really in the zone. I feel good about everything. Everything is going really well. I feel really blessed, I do.

JENNIFER LOPEZ and RODRIGO SANTORO

Q: Your character and her husband decide to adopt. What are you feelings about adoption?

JL: It’s funny, you know, before the movie I never really thought about adoption at all. I always just wanted to have my own baby. I was so focused on that it took me a while to have my own.  But after the film and during the making of the film when I held those two little Ethiopian twins. You fall in love instantly. It really occurred to me, I can see how someone could do this, how it’s so easy to embrace a child who has nothing. It’s really a beautiful selfless act of love. You go, ‘ok I understand  these feelings. I get this.  I know how this happens.’

Q: You spent a lot of time with babies while shooting this film.  Have you thought about having more children?

JL: I mean, it would be a blessing. Right now I’m really focused on just doing it right with those two. I have my hands full.

What To Expect When You’re Expecting is rated PG-13; running time: 110 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment