Friday, December 23, 2016

Celebrities Talk About Their Favorite Holiday


By Darlene Donloe

We’re in the midst of the holiday season.  Just weeks ago we celebrated Thanksgiving. Soon we will celebrate Christmas and then New Year's Day.  It’s the trifecta of celebrations. There’s a lot to rejoice about. There’s a lot to be thankful for. I wondered which holiday celebrities look forward to the most. Is it Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's Eve/New Year'sDay. Some of the responses were surprising. Some were poignant and others were predictable.   Check out the responses below.

Aloe Blacc

ALOE BLACC – I love Christmas the most because it means we get to go to Australia. Every other Christmas we go to my wife’s family’s place. They live in Sydney. During Thanksgiving I’m working –sometimes in Europe – they don’t celebrate Thanksgiving.

EVERETT HARP – Actually it’s between Thanksgiving and Christmas because I look forward to eating.

Lisa Vidal

LISA VIDAL – Christmas because it represents my LORD and SAVIOR and a family time when it’s just us in nature, away from the craziness.

RAHSAAN PATTERSON – Thanksgiving!  The food and the love of family and friends and gratitude.

ALTHEA RENE – Christmas because that’s my birthday.

Sinbad


SINBAD – I’m always on the road. My life is a holiday. Christmas was big when I was little. But now, people get stuff all year long. Thanksgiving is about eating with family, but you should do that anyway. The older I get the less a holiday means. It’s manmade now.

NORMAN BROWN – Christmas. It’s got to be Christmas.

KIRK WHALUM – Christmas. It’s when we celebrate our Lord.

Loretta Devine

LORETTA DEVINE – New Year’s Day – All the work is over. It’s time to party.

COLMAN DOMINGO (The Birth of a Nation) – Thanksgiving. It’s about the food.

KENNY LATTIMORE – Christmas, well first for the obvious reason, second because I have a new Christmas CD called, Kenny Lattimore.

KENNY LEON  (director)  - I like all of them because they are all God’s days.

PAUL JACKSON JR.  – Christmas because it celebrates the birth of Christ. I know some people say he wasn’t actually born on that day. That’s OK. We’re celebrating the event, not the day.

Robert 'Kool' Bell


ROBERT KOOL BELL (Kool & The Gang)– Thanksgiving because it’s a time when families get together. You’re with your cousins, uncles, aunts, kids and everybody for dinner and reminiscing.

JUSTIN TIPPING (‘Kicks’ director) – New Years Eve is too depressing for some reason.  I haven’t had the New Year’s kiss. I’m still sipping on my drink. Is there anyone you can set me up with?  So I’m going to say Thanksgiving because my family always finds a way to come together in the Bay area and gather around my grandmother. And it’s great. No matter how much bigger the family gets - we always find the time to see each other at Thanksgiving.  We go around the room and say what we’re thankful for. We come back every year. It grounds you and reminds you there is more to life than, um, I don’t know, a New Year’s kiss.

Darius McCrary


DARIUS MCCRARY (Family Matters) – I don’t celebrate holidays, especially pagan holidays.  I do like Thanksgiving because we should celebrate Thanksgiving 365 days a year.

AUNJANUE ELLIS (The Birth of a Nation) – Thanksgiving. Why -  because of the food.

KYLE BOWSER (Trial By Jury – The Case of the N Word).  For me its between Christmas and Thanksgiving. I enjoy them both for the same reason. The family aspect of it and to be more expressive about your feelings for family. We are going to Philly where my mother and grandmother live. I’m looking forward to that. So much magic associated with Christmas. The celebration of the birth of Christ. I can’t choose between the two.

MIGUEL NUNEZ (The Return of the Living Dead)– Thanksgiving because it brings people together.









No comments:

Post a Comment