Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Celebs Talk About What They Like and Don't Like About The Holidays


By Darlene Donloe

Christmas is five days away. Just weeks ago we celebrated Thanksgiving. Soon we will celebrate both Christmas and New Year's Day.  It’s the trifecta of celebrations. There’s a lot to rejoice about. There’s a lot to be thankful for. 

Celebrities were asked what they liked and didn't like about the holiday season. Some were poignant and others were predictable.   Check out the responses below.

What do you like the most about the holiday season, and what is your least favorite thing about the holidays?

Jonathan Butler


I love Christmas and the spirit of Christmas – ushering in this beautiful spirit of Christ. I tour every year. I love the Christmas tree and looking at it. I love the lights. I love coming home and seeing them.  I love having a beautiful meal with my kids and grandkids.  I like to touch people. 

My least favorite thing is turkey. Leave it alone. Not a fan of turkey. Leave that bird alone and let it run free. 

Karyn Parsons (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)


I love the joy in the streets. I love the warmth of gatherings. That touchstone.

My least favorite thing is that the consumerism part is ghastly. We’ve gotten so out of control. It’s all about shopping and spending a lot of money.

Erica Gimpel (Fame, God Friended Me)


What I love is the time I get to slow down and spend time with family.

My least favorite thing is the pressure of everybody buying things.

Florence LaRue (Fifth Dimension)


My favorite things are the family gatherings and dinner. We always have good southern food. I cook. I like to make fudge.

My least favorite thing about the holidays is competing and buying expensive gifts.

Tarell Alvin McCraney
(Geffen Playhouse Artistic Director, "Moonlight" writer) 


I’m actually a Halloween person.  I love going to a Christmas fair with my family. I do not like taking down Christmas trees.

T.J. Wilkins (The Voice)

My favorite thing about the holidays is the family dinners. The whole family gets together. 

My least favorite thing to do is taking down the Christmas lights.

Shanice

My favorite things about the holidays are putting up the Christmas tree, singing carols, and being with my family. 

My least favorite thing to do is taking down the 12 ft. Christmas tree. One time we kept it up until the end of January.







No comments:

Post a Comment