Tuesday, March 12, 2024

IGNITE: A Fire Luxury Gifting Lounge Pays Homage To Doris Bergman


By Darlene Donloe

The late Doris Bergman, a longtime Hollywood publicist, was known for presenting the “best of the best” at her various celebrity-infused gifting lounges.

Doris Bergman


Bergman, who, herself, was the “best of the best,” passed away unexpectedly in 2023.

On a beautiful, sunny day, Nicole Lester and Heather Marianna, founders of The Merritt + Marianna Group paid homage to Bergman with a champagne toast during its IGNITE, A Fire Luxury Gifting Lounge held March 7, at The Ambrose Hotel in Santa Monica.

Lester and Marianna hosted the event to celebrate the hard work of movie writers, producers, and actors during the Oscar awards season.

“Doris meant everything to me,” said Lester, the lead producer of the event. “She was a mentor, friend, and my sister. I worked with her for 13 years. This event will continue every year in her honor. I miss her.” 

The enviable invitation-only event boasted good food, good drinks, an impressive, eclectic gifting suite, and a host of Hollywood notables.

IGNITE: A Fire Luxury Gifting Lounge attendees

The packed event, which included current Oscar nominees, previous nominees and winners, and past presenters, proved to be the place to be and the place to be seen.  The soiree brought out celebrities including Bruce Dern, NBA vet John Salley, KiKi Shepard, Kym Whitley, Kate Linder, and more.

Kate Linder


“I’m here for a couple of reasons,” said Linder, who has played Esther Valentine on The Young and the Restless for 42 years. “This is carrying on a tradition for Doris (Bergman).  She was an amazing person. I supported all her events. I can feel her presence here. I miss how much she cared and how she supported everyone. It’s a huge loss for all of us.”


Beauty Kitchen

Art Lewin Bespoke Menswear

The Reading Room


Quantum Energy
Farah Brushes


Quantum Energy


Several vendors were on hand showering attendees with various gifts.

The gifting lounge featured the unique and luxury brands, Dulce Vida Tequila, Ophora Water, Empress Gin, ATA Cosmetics, Camilla Seretti Jewelry, Precious Vodka, Royal Kingz Skincare, Christine Bond of C-B-OND 20/20, Hidden Hills Coffee, Art Lewin Bespoke Menswear, Beauty Kitchen, Farah Brushes, The Reading Room, La Casa del Camino, Blanche Lip Gloss and Barbie Layton, The Libra Collection, Andre Notice (Coach Andre), and Chef Katie Chin. Attendees were able to experience the Quantum Energy Wellness Bed. 

Blanche Lip Gloss





“My legs were cramping up,” said actress KiKi Shepard. “Within a matter of five minutes laying on the Wellness Bed, I was relaxed.  What you feel first is heat. Heat makes you succumb. It was terrific.”

Christine Bond


“I wrote the book because we have to tap into the power we don’t know we have,” said Christine Bond, author of C-B-OND 20/20. “I wrote the book because of my life story. I am legally blind. I have an eye condition called keratoconus. The cornea doesn’t reflect the light well so I can see. My goal is to teach as many people as I can about their purpose. I want to teach people about their purpose. I enjoy helping people.”

Royal Kingz

“This is an all-natural and organic skincare line for men,” said Tiffany M. Morrow, CEO of Royal Kingz Skincare based in Detroit. “It's a four-step process with active charcoal. There is a cleanser toner, scrub, and mask. I have one hundred percent avocado oil to soften the hair.”

Andre Notice


“I am the poetic purpose coach,” said Coach Andre (Andre Notice), who once was homeless for three years and slept in his car for three months. “I’ve been doing this for five years now. I push people to pursue purpose. My purpose is to encourage, edify, and to ignite. I’m here to spread the message that you’re not just supposed to live life. Most people live and die and never know what they were here for.” 

Coach Andre has a book called ‘Your Purpose Is Not For You.’ 

In the spirit of giving back, attendees donated doggie attire and treats benefiting the Vanderpump Dogs Foundation, the Kids Excelling In College Foundation, and the Business Architects TXG Foundation.

Puppies



Author Delroy O. Walker and rep

No comments:

Post a Comment