Friday, August 16, 2024

Geneva Renee's New Single Is "Your Tender Kiss"

 

 

 

SILVER SPRING, MD (16 AUGUST 2024): Summer love never sounded more sensual than Geneva Renée’s new single heating up playlists nationwide. The soul-jazz singer-songwriter wrote the Red Mile Music single with David P. Stevens who produced the song featuring saxophonist Marqueal Jordan.

 

“Your Tender Kiss” was conceived after a sit down in Stevens’ Los Angeles studio. The organic connection between Renée and her producer inspired Stevens to compose the initial track.

 

“When Geneva came to the studio that day, her conversation and total vibe gave me an indescribable feeling. The song came to me after that conversation. As she and I began to collaborate, this sensual but tender masterpiece was born. I believe the song resonates with people because of the passionate place it was born from,” said Stevens, who has architected multiple Billboard Top Ten singles as a writer, producer, and artist.

 

The next day, Renée returned to the studio, excited to enter the vocal booth to croon the sultry tune set to an R&B groove with a sophisticated adult contemporary meets cool jazz nuance.

 

"I was instantly captivated by the intoxicating melody and ambiance, reminiscent of the Sade era that I missed so much. While we were in the studio, David encouraged me to channel my emotions by thinking of that one special guy—the one who never said, 'I love you,' but his kiss spoke volumes. When I was alone, I’d always wonder how this man felt about me; but every moment we spent together, my body would instantly respond to his touch, and I knew that our chemistry ran deeper than three words could ever express. In those moments, I was convinced our love was real,” said the Washington, DC-based Renée, a mezzo-soprano blessed with a three-octave voice.

 

Instead of writing a vocal bridge to the song, Stevens suggested bringing in Jordan for a saxophone solo.

 

“Once I heard ‘Your Tender Kiss,’ I was immediately taken to that place of high desire and tension when you are feeling someone, the chemistry and attraction are mutual, and you cannot wait to kiss them. Geneva's performance takes you there. She has a phenomenal tone that emotes sensuality and she gives everything to a song. I wanted to bring my emotional intensity to the song in a supportive way,” said Jordan, who launched his solo recording career after a lengthy tenure flanking superstar R&B/jazz instrumentalist Brian Culbertson.

 

Renée, Stevens, and Jordan teamed up to lens a romantic video for “Your Tender Kiss,” which can be viewed below.



 

“For the video, I envisioned a relatable scene for most busy women. You arrive home after work to relax with soothing music creating the atmosphere. The romantic twist was adding a handsome love interest to surprise me with a bubble bath and sparkling wine. As I dip into the steamy water, take a sip of the rosé, and close my eyes, I’m transported by the sexy saxophone solo as the perfect finishing touch to a tender night of passion,” Renée describes.

 

A native of Oxnard, California, Renée attended Howard University where she earned a master’s degree and a doctorate. Elements of classical, jazz, soul, gospel, and pop inform her recordings. Noted R&B producer Dinky Bingham (Patti Labelle, Lionel Richie, New Edition) produced her 2012 debut album, “Beautiful Wonder,” which was led by the empowering single “She Presses On.” Bingham also produced her sophomore release, “Brand New Day,” a 2021 EP. She has shared the stage with BeyonceMariah CareyShakiraDiana RossMaysa Leak, and Vanessa Williams, and has performed at internationally televised events honoring Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton. Renée has graced such prestigious and diverse venues as the Kennedy CenterRehoboth Beach Jazz FestivalBlues AlleyThe Birchmere, and UniverSoul Circus.     

 

For more information, visit https://www.genevarenee.com.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment