Monday, August 6, 2012

Terry Crews Shows His Guns In The Expendables 2



Terry Crews worked out twice a day in preparation for his role as the beefy Hale Caesar in the action-packed, action-star-filled, high- octane film, The Expendables 2, set for nationwide release Aug. 17.

The results of his commitment shows in the movie as his cut, incredibly muscular frame is on full display.

“I wanted to make sure I was bringing my best to the film,” says Crews. “I wanted to do my best for Sly.”

Sly is Sylvester Stallone, who not only is the lead in the film, but also co-wrote the screenplay with Richard Wenk.

Crews is sharp as a tack today. He enters the room in a crisp, white shirt, tight dress slacks and shiny, black, patent leather shoes, no socks complete with a glistening dome. 

 TERRY CREWS

A naturally bubbly sort, Crews is visibly energized as he sits down to talk about the film, which stars Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Randy Couture, Liam Hemsworth, Scott Adkins, Yu Nan, Jea-Claude Van Damme, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

DD: What is your favorite moment during the making of this film?

TC: For me it was the first day Arnold Schwarzenegger showed up. We were filming the first part of the movie. To actually be there all together, it was so cool. It’s like who we are. My repore with Arnold to be able to walk up to him and say, “You’re terminated.” It was a dream come true.

DD: All of you are bad asses, but whose the real bad ass?

TC: Well, it’s Randy Couture. We all know he’ll kill us all. He’s the one well turned to when we were working out fight scenes. You know, I’d whisper, “what should I do?”

DD:  Tell me about working with Sylvester Stallone.

TC: I think he’s like a magician. He didn’t give us a backstory. He allowed it all to build.

DD: Are there any funny stories you can tell us.

TC: Well, we were in Bulgaria and the stunt coordinator was telling me about getting on this jet ski with two other guys on the jet ski. I’m 250 myself. I told him with two other guys on the jet ski, it wouldn’t work. He said it would and that I should do the stunt. I told him, “ok, you do it. if it works for you I’ll do it.” He tried it, and just as they were getting on the jet ski, it started sinking. They didn’t even really get going when the jet ski tipped over and they fell in the 28 degree water.  Simon (the director), was like, “Have a good night, Terry.”

DD: Who would you like to see join the dream team for The Expendables 3?

TC: I’m pushing hard for Wesley Snipes. I’m one of his biggest fans. He’s a wonderful martial artist. He should have been in the first one. I ended up doing it because he wasn’t available. If we can get him, the universe would settle in.

DD: There is a scene with you and Sylvester holding a heavy door open.  I guess it was a big flex off.

TC: Oh, yeah. Sylvester came to me and said, “I have a scene for you. You’re going to love it.”  I’m a little insecure. I come from a comedy world. Everyone had done more action.  Sly knew how hard I worked. My thing was to bring the look.

The Expendables 2, Reated R for strong bloody violence throughout; Running time: 103 minutes.

1 comment: